Wine Paired Recipe by CH Wine.
Perfect pairing for cozy winter evenings, try pairing this with candles or a warm crackling fire in the fireplace along with one of our red wines. We enjoyed this tremendously with Cameron Hughes Wine Lot 894 2020 Columbia Valley Merlot both for braising and pairing.
Prep Time: 4 Hours
- Salt and pepper all sides of your short ribs.
- In a Dutch oven add your olive oil so it coats the pan, turn on the heat and once heated add your short ribs. Sear each side until all sides are browned.
- Remove from the pot and set aside for later and preheat your oven to 350° F.
- In the same pot add your carrots, onions, and garlic. Cook until softened and then add your Lot 894 Merlot, balsamic, worcestershire, and brown sugar. Bring to a simmer.
- Add in your beef bouillon and hot water and mix thoroughly. Add in your bay leaves, rosemary, and short ribs.
- Cover your pot and put in the oven for 2.5 – 3 hours, or until ribs are tender.
- Quarter your potatoes and add them to a pot of salted water. Turn on the heat and allow them to come to a boil.
- Once at a boil reduce to a simmer. Let them simmer for 20-25 minutes, or until tender.
- Drain potatoes and add them back into the pot to mash. In the same pot add your butter, milk, and cheese. Mix together until desired consistency. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Plate your mashed potatoes and top with the red wine braised ribs.
- Pour a glass of Lot 894 to pair and enjoy!